Friday, September 23, 2011

Mississippi bound!!


Howdy folks, well it has certainly been a crazy year!  First I was excited for AmeriCorps NCCC, a chance to pay off loans, do good works, and make something of myself.  Then as time went by and I never heard back from them after my interview, that excitement faded.
Then, as my last semester drew to a close, rumors of the bookstore being sold arose, and suddenly the possibility of still having a job was there.  I graduated, it was much to do about something (not nothing), but over all somewhat anticlimactic... Follett became the new management of the Bookstore, and sure enough I was hired on with a nice pay raise! This seemed to fit in well with my not getting accepted to AmeriCorps. THEN, just as I am settling into my new life working for Follett, AmeriCorps calls me again.  Long story short, I was offered a Team Leader position doing disaster relief and trail restoration in AmeriCorps' Souther Region, which is based out of Vicksburg Mississippi and services Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennesee, Virginia, and West Virginia.  It is a very exciting opportunity, and I am very thrilled to be a part of it.  Right now I am still taking care of paperwork and figuring out the logistics, but I know that it starts in January and lasts for 11 month, which means I will be leaving Arcata (so all you wonderful Arcata people, we have 4 months left to hang out!!!) mid to late January.
Anyway, I just wanted to share this unexpected but amazing news :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm way excited for you Seth!!! I think you'll do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete